Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Amazon Associates Login Problem Solved

The login problem I had with my Amazon Associates account was not due to me being thrown out of their associates program or my account been hacked by someone as earlier feared. Thank God ! Its actually due to my associates account and customer account having the same e-mail address and password. The Amazon system got confused by that. Below is a snippet of the reply I got from the Amazon support:

"... You have two Amazon accounts associated with your email address, one Amazon.co.uk associates account and one Amazon.co.uk retail account.

Please ensure that you use a different password for each account you hold with Amazon.co.uk. If you try to use the same password for more than one account you will receive an error message.

We hope that we have been of assistance in your enquiry. Thank you for participating in the Associates Programme..."

Thank God again it was just that and nothing more. And I must say I'm impressed with their prompt response. Less than half a day it took them to reply. Sure shortened my anxious wait.

No comments: